Since 1996, when he founded Irpino, Avin & Hawkins Law Firm, Anthony Irpino has been a creative and energetic advocate of victim’s rights in difficult and complex liability cases. Anthony’s experience litigation experience includes both individual injury cases and leadership roles in state and national litigation in class actions and multi-district actions.
Anthony is an expert in strategic matters related to class actions and mass tort litigation. Anthony is oft sought by national litigants to consult on and lead privilege and confidentiality committees, and currently serves in these roles for MDL 2804 – In re: National Prescription Opiate Litigation.
Current Leadership Positions:
- Lead of Privilege and Confidentiality Committees, MDL 2804, In re: National Prescription Opiate Litigation
- Co-Lead counsel, Hard Rock Hotel Building Collapse, La. State Court Class Action
- Co-Lead, Jefferson Parish Landfill, Public Nuisance, La. State Court Class Action
- Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee Member and Chair of the Depository Committee, MDL 2047, In re: Chinese-Manufactured Drywall Products Liability Litigation
- Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee Member and Lead of Privilege Committee, MDL 2750, In re: Invokana (Canagliflozin) Products Liability Litigation
Previous Leadership Positions:
- Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee Member and Lead of Privilege Committee, MDL 2606, In re: Benicar (Olmesartin) Products Liability Litigation
- Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee Member and Lead of Privilege Committee, MDL 2592, In re: Xarelto (Rivarobaxin) Products Liability Litigation
- Trial Team Member, Lead of Privilege and Confidentiality Committees, MDL 2179, In re: Oil Spill by the Oil Rig “Deepwater Horizon” (BP Oil Spill)
- Co-Lead counsel in Husband, et al. v. Tenet Healthsystems Memorial Medical Center, Inc., d/b/a Memorial Medical Center (La. State Court Class Action)
- Lead Counsel in Dannel, et al. v. Tenet Mid-City Medical, L.C., d/b/a Lindy Boggs Medical Center (La. State Court Class Action)
- Lead Counsel in Martin, et al. v. Lafon Nursing Facility of the Holy Family, Inc. (La. State Court Class Action)
- Chair of the Document Depository and Chair of Privilege Log Committee, MDL 1657, In re: Vioxx Products Liability Litigation
- Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee Member and Administrative Committee Chair, MDL 1789, In re: Fosamax Products Liability Litigation
- Chair of the Class Certification Committee as well as the Law and Briefing Committee in Oliver, et al. v. Orleans Parish School Board, et al. (La. State Court Class Action)
Outside of helping people in his professional life, Anthony helps others in his personal life as well. He is actively involved with the Ozanam Inn, H.E.L.P. (Homeless Experience Legal Protection) Program, and the Harry S. Thompson Center, where his energies are focused on providing legal services and guidance to the elderly, disabled, and homeless.
Anthony is keenly aware of the needs of low-income families and the homeless and supports affordable housing programs, sponsoring education for children of low-income families and providing meals and clothing for the homeless. In addition to giving free notary services for low-income people, Anthony and the Irpino, Avin & Hawkins Law Firm also provide subsidies for Chaplin work in hospitals and jails.
- Eastern District of Louisiana
- Western District of Louisiana
- Middle District of Louisiana
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States
Contact our accident and injury lawyers today to schedule a free consultation.
Or call us toll-free at 1-800-7500-LAW.